POSITION: Club Manager
FACILITY: Whitehorse Curling Club
The Whitehorse Curling Club is in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Whitehorse is the Yukon’s capital city and has a
population of over 30,000. Recognized as one of the top curling facilities in Western Canada, the Whitehorse Curling Club has hosted national and World Curling Tour events, and hosts active league curling five nights a week. We have 8 sheets of ice, approximately 400 members, a members’ lounge and pro shop. The curling season runs from October to April and the facility is available to rent for events year-round. We are situated in a unique and scenic location overlooking the Yukon landscape.
The Club Manager is responsible to the Board of the Whitehorse Curling Club and reports to the President. Additionally, the Club Manager is required to maintain positive and productive relationships with the City of Whitehorse, the Yukon Curling Association, Club Members, venue users and other external groups.
While this is a year-round position, the seasonal nature of the curling club requires a flexible and variable schedule. The Club Manager can expect to work long hours during the curling season and be able to enjoy shorter days and more days off during the summer months.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the facility, including lounge operations and venue rentals
• Provide personnel leadership, including staffing, scheduling, and training
• Oversee fiscal management of the Club
• Coordinate sponsorship programs and prepare applications for public funding to support Club operations
• Market and promote the Club, encouraging member growth and facility rentals
• Support and assist the Board of Directors to plan and facilitate the annual curling calendar
• Related experience in at least one, and preferred more, of the following
o Sport club facility and program management
o Event and venue management
o Licensed facility operation
• People Leadership – recruitment, supervision, performance management
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including use of current social media platforms
• Understand the basic operation of an indoor curling facility (technical experience in ice making is
• Participation in the sport of curling, at any level, is desirable
A Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check and a successful bond application are mandatory prior to any confirmation of employment.
We offer a competitive compensation package including relocation assistance.
For more information about the Whitehorse Curling Club, and to read a full job description, please visit www.whitehorsecurlingclub.com. For more information about the City of Whitehorse please visit www.whitehorse.ca
Please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE: March 15, 2022
DESIRED START DATE: May 1, 2022