The Whitehorse Nordic Centre is adjacent to the Mount McIntyre Recreation Centre and offers 85 kilometers of world-class ski trails for classic and skate skiing and snowshoeing. An additional 20 kilometers of ungroomed single track are available for snowshoeing and ski touring.
The Nordic Centre was recently host to the 2012 Arctic Winter Games and the 2010 Haywood Ski Nationals, as well as the 2007 Canada Winter Games.
Sports: Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing
Location: 200-1 Sumanik Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon
Operator: Whitehorse Cross Country Ski Club
Distance from Athlete’s Accommodation: 3.5 km / 9 minutes
- 85 kilometres of regularly groomed ski trails, including 5 kilometres of lit trails for night skiing
- Ski Stadium with a viewing area for spectators
- Ski Chalet is adjacent to the trails and includes a heated waxing area, ski racks for day storage, ski lockers and washrooms, as well as change rooms, showers and saunas
- Meeting and/or banquest space is also available in the Grey Mountain Room (2,900sq ft)
- Access to on-site parking and separate overflow parking lot can also be provided