The Mount McIntyre Recreation Centre is situated above the Canada Games Centre on Sumanik Drive and is home to a world-class curling facility. Mount McIntyre has hosted many large-scale curling events on both regional and national levels. These include the 2006 Canadian Mixed Championships, the 2007 Canada Winter Games and the Skookum World Curling Tour, as well as a TSN Skins Game in 1999.
Location: 200-1 Sumanik Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon
Operator: City of Whitehorse
Distance from Athlete’s Accommodation: 3.5 km / 9 minutes
- Mount McIntyre boasts 8 sheets of top-notch curling ice, with portable bleachers available for seating.
- For the 2007 Canada Games, 6 sheets of ice were utilized for the competition and the other two were used for temporary seating, creating a seating capacity of 585.
- The Eleventh End Lounge has a total seating capacity of over 200; easily accommodating everything from league nights to national championships.
- A convention floor plus two additional rooms available on the upper level can be booked for meetings or banquets.
- Large parking lot sits in front of the facility, plus additional parking is available at the nearby Canada Games Centre.