EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – YUKON CURLING ASSOCIATION (YCA)
The Primary function of the Executive Director is to provide administrative assistance to the Yukon Curling Association (YCA) so they may maintain their goals and objectives. The Executive Director (ED) is a professional staff person whose duty it is to aid the Association and its Directors to help carry out the programs and services for the membership.
This is a permanent part-time contract based on 20 hours a week.
YCA is recruiting for an ED to successfully lead and manage all aspects of the YCA operations in accordance with the strategic direction as set by the Board of Directors. In addition to demonstrating high caliber leadership skills, the successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the Yukon sport system and proven experience in a not0for-profit environment.
- Promotion of the Sport of Curling in Yukon
- Financial accounting & bookkeeping
- Completing grant applications & reporting annually
- Member communications & correspondence both territorially and nationally
- Administration & office management
- Planning & organizing development programs
- Planning & organizing territorial championship events
- Prepare for and attend monthly Board and Annual General Meetings
- Must be proficient with Simply Accounting, MS Office and Email applications
- Good knowledge of the sport of curling
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in grant applications and fund development initiatives
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Ability to trouble shoot
- Education and/or Experience in Business or Sport Management
Please email and contact Laini Klassen at firstname.lastname@example.org